Careers | Freelance Finance Manager | Kindwood
Hiring: Freelance Finance Manager
Kindwood is an exciting start-up business located in Norfolk, producing a range of fireside essentials for primal comfort. With driven culture and a love for elegance and sustainability, we love the idea of enjoying life and putting comfort into everything we do.
Our range provides winter and summer products that look and feel lovely in and out of the home, from locally sourced and processed Kiln Dried Wood Fuels to Handcrafted in Norfolk Fire Pits.
Whilst Kindwood is a small start-up, we are snowballing and have seen exponential growth over the last 18 months. This is an opportunity to be a part of something exciting and new.
Who is Kindwood for?
We produce fireside essentials for people who appreciate and remember why fire is so important to us as human. People who enjoy old-age primal experiences away from their busy lives. People who want convenience and beautifully crafted products all in one.
A Kindwood Team Member
We are still small, yet we're (nearly) perfectly formed. We have 6 team members who have a desire and passion for selling the Kindwood brand. Our team members know how to turn up the volume, chase their dreams, squeeze more from every minute and opportunity. We want people who can think big but aren't afraid to roll their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Energetic people who love a challenge and who see barriers and constraints as opportunities. People who think beyond just their role, people who are passionate about building brands and categories from grassroots.
An opportunity to join a growing start-up within Norfolk as a Freelance Finance Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will be responsible for completing all financial processing across the Kindwood company, as well as supporting on financial reporting and working on ad hoc projects from time to time.
- Accurate and efficient processing of all purchase invoices
- Preparing weekly payment runs for review by MD
- Communicating to suppliers as needed (e.g. sending remittance / confirming payment dates / querying invoices)
- Working alongside the operations team to ensure all sales are invoiced correctly on the system and sent out to customer
- Uploading invoices and reconciling all transactions and balance through our invoice financing facilities
- Performing credit control activities and reporting weekly on credit control KPIs to MD (where required)
- Bank reconciliations across all bank accounts, expense accounts and credit cards
- Ensuring accurate coding of all cash books lines in the system
- Weekly sales reporting by channel
- Weekly cashflow reporting
- Monthly management reports
- Support on process and system improvements projects
- Other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time
Key skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role within a eCommerce business
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. AAT, CIMA etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Planning and organising own work-load
- IT Skills including Microsoft Excel
- (Desirable) Proficiency in Xero
- Location: Remote (Working from Home, but may require in-person meetings)
How to apply:
Email Taylor Gathercole, Managing Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a short paragraph about you and why you'd be a great addition to the Kindwood team, and provide any relevant supporting experience.